I know that this is a strange and worrying time for you all. I can confirm that GCSE exams have been cancelled for the summer and are being replaced with ‘Teacher assessed grades’ at the end of the academic year. In order for teachers to work with the Curriculum Leadership team to provide grades there are a number of things that you need to know.
- You should continue to log in to your classes and work with your tutors to provide evidence of learning.
- There will be two formal skills checks completed between now and March to assess your progress and working level
- There will be a formal ‘Teacher Assessment’ in April, this will inform the majority of your final grade so it is very important that you do your very best
- Your teachers are here to help, please ask questions, ask for more work or explanation when needed
- Additional sessions will be held throughout each week to support your development and achievement – your teacher can give you details.
Things may change as the government make further announcements but for now and hopefully moving forward this is our plan.
Well done for your hard work so far this academic year and please do continue to strive to do your best.
Lois (Curriculum Manager English and Mathematics).