The Careers Guidance Team will help you make the right choices and decisions on your future career path before you come to college, whilst you study and when you come to leave.
Before you start
Not sure what you want to study or where it will lead? Our impartial Career Guidance Advisers can help you with a range of support, even before you get to college to ensure you make the right decision with what to do next.
- Impartial careers advice
- Information and advice on routes into careers and what courses to study
- Support and guidance if you don’t know which course to do, or which career to pursue
- Guidance and information on university applications and expectations
Whilst you are here
During your course you will make decisions on whether you wish to go to university, progress with your education or find a job. Throughout your course we will deliver group sessions and have workshops covering a range of subjects such as Higher Education, career choices, and job search. As part of our fantastic Guidance Services you will also have individual access to advisers who can support you with a range of information, advice and guidance on your next step options. We can offer you an appointment or just drop in to one of our advertised drop in sessions or workshops.
Our Darlington College Careers Guidance Facebook page is updated with fresh information weekly. It features lots of great resources covering Higher Education, job/volunteering opportunities, student finance and apprenticeships. Why not take a look now – click here.
- University guides
- Links to the UCAS website
- Advice on creating a personal statement
- Information on student finance and the cost of higher education
- National Careers Service
National Careers Service
To book an appointment, please contact Kathy directly on 0191 731 4750.
- How to create a CV to get you THAT job
- Interview techniques
- How to complete an application
- Local job vacancies posted weekly to keep you up to date with what’s out there
- News about local industries that are growing and areas where there are skill shortages
- Support on how to use the National Apprenticeships website
- Information on what an apprenticeship is
- Advice on how to secure Apprenticeship employment
When you are about to leave
When you decide to take your next steps and as you come to the end of your course we will support you. Whether applying for jobs, looking for your next course or progressing to an apprenticeship we are here to help. As you finish your course we will come to your group and ask you what you intend doing next and put a plan in place to support you in your chosen goals to ensure your success in whichever route you choose.
Our Careers Guidance Programme leaflet can be downloaded click here.
To view the Careers Guidance Team’s Statement of Service please click here.
Our Careers Guidance Team have recently (May 2019) been awarded Matrix accreditation once again, a national standard for quality. The Assessor “found a passionate staff team offering wide-ranging support to students through the services delivered. Students consistently cite that staff are committed and enthusiastic. Resources are appropriate for the service being delivered and are of a good quality. Staff are a credit to the service, and students’ experiences matched the service described.”
To view a copy of the accreditation report please click here.
The award also gained local media coverage: click here.
Contact the Careers Guidance Team today on 01325 503040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org