This accessibility statement applies to www.darlington.ac.uk
This website is run by Darlington General FE College We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
We are aware that some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- live video streams do not have captions
- you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- The front slider image can be magnified as part of the main website magnification but cannot be magnified separately.
If you need information on this website in a different format
We’ll consider your request and get back to you within 5 business days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact:
If you are not satisfied with the response that you receive to this report, you can follow our internal complaints procedure to investigate more formally.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Darlington College is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is currently partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard. We are working to change this.
How we will make improvements to accessibility
We are in the process of providing fixes for the following accessibility issues on our website.
- Re-working the front page slider image so that text is not embedded
- Making all elements accessible to screen reader software
We expect this work to be completed by April 2023.
Preparation of this Accessibility Statement
This statement was prepared on. It was last reviewed on 16th January 2023.
This website was last tested on 22/01/2023. The test was carried out by Blueocto Ltd. The tools used in the testing were as follows;
- WAVE Evaluation Tool v18.104.22.168
- WebAim Colour Contrast checker
- Axe DevTools v4.47.0
- Manual testing