You must be 16+ years old and hold a Level 2 qualification in Fitness Instructing (Gym). There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and you should have basic skills in communication at Level 2. The qualification requires physical exertion and your participation is essential, so it’s important you are physically fit.
The qualification has been designed for:
- Gym instructors wishing to work and/or seek employment in the health and fitness sector as a personal trainer
- Individuals already working in the health and fitness sector wishing to enhance their career progression opportunities
The Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training is suitable for you if you want to pursue a career within the health and fitness sector and gain employment as a personal trainer. It will provide you with a combination of knowledge and skills to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes and personal training sessions to a range of clients. By achieving this qualification you will be recognised as a qualified personal trainer. You will also be able to gain access onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at Level 3.
Course Assessment Method
This course starts on Thursday 14th March
You will be internally assessed via:
• Multiple Choice Examination
• Portfolio of Evidence
• Practical Demonstration / Assignment
You can move on to study further qualifications such as:
• Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral. (QCF)
• Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Personal Training. (QCF)
• Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training and Business Skills for Fitness Professionals. (QCF)
• Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Health and Fitness. (QCF)
• Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork. (QCF)
• Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga (QCF).
• Level 4 special populations’ qualifications.
What if I Need Support
Here at the college we have outstanding support. Our support staff are dedicated to providing you with all the help and guidance you may need throughout your college journey.
You might need help and advice on a wide range of issues such as childcare, counselling and additional learning support. For more information on any aspect of student support contact the Course and Information Team, who will direct your call to the appropriate member of the college support team, call: 01325 503030.
What does it Cost?
|Qualification Type:||Certificate in Personal Training|
|Awarding Body:||ACTIVE IQ|
|Start Date:||March 2020|