Course Assessment Method
- Learning Mentor observations
- On programme portfolio
- Reflective log and plan of ongoing development
- Professional discussions
- End point assessment
- A strong aspiration to support learners.
- (As a dual-professional) A qualification, at an appropriate level in the candidate’s vocational/subject specialism.
- Recent experience and knowledge relevant to the context of the mentoring role (e.g. current industry standards).
Candidates may have achieved maths, English and ICT skills at Level 2 (equivalent to GCSE Grade C or above) prior to commencing their training. Those that have not must achieve this prior to taking the end-point assessment
What if I Need Support
Here at the college we have outstanding support. Our support staff are dedicated to providing you with all the help and guidance you may need throughout your college journey.
You might need help and advice on a wide range of issues such as childcare, counselling and additional learning support. For more information on any aspect of student support contact the Course and Information Team, who will direct your call to the appropriate member of the college support team, call: 01325 503030.
Mentoring is a supportive role based on providing advice and guidance by a more experienced person. This apprenticeship would suit someone who has revelvant experience and knowledge of a role and wishes to help and support mentees, giving practical, technical and/or pastoral support and guidance.
Apprentices will be required to be released from the workplace once a week to attend college based sessions and the apprenticeship will run for a minimum of 12 months.
You will be assessed on supporting the mentee in areas such as:
- Complying with organisational and legal requirements
- Offering advice, guidance and supervision within current vocational skills and knowledge
- Inspiring and motivating the mentee
- Equality and inclusion
You will also be required to achieve Level 1 Safeguarding before the end point assessment
For more details, please see https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/learning-mentor/
You could progress further within your vocation specialism and/or into roles involving the assessment and coaching of vocational learners.
You may also be eligible to progress onto a full teaching role within an education and training provider organisation, or progress onto a relevant Higher Education course.
|Qualification Type:||Generic code to identify ILR programme aims|
|Start Date:||August 2019|