There are no formal entry requirements for this College certificated course. You should however bring along your own mobile smart phone.
An introductory photography workshop for any individual, on-line business owner or marketing professional wanting to start mastering mobile phone image making, image styling and visual storytelling to improve their social media profile and engagement.
As an on-line blogger or business you will know how vital quality images are to enable you to stand out from the crowd and engage with your audience. A well styled creative image creates a visually compelling story and makes your audience hungry for more.
This practical image styling workshop can help you better understand the camera you have available in your mobile phone, can give you tailored tips and advice to help create those images which will delight your audience.
The course will cover:-
· Lets start with the camera you have… tips, trick, hidden features of mobile phones and cameras to help you take better pictures.
· Making the best of your portraits… photographing other people, tips and tricks to make them look good… or even try on yourself!
· How to create a cohesive visual brand – tips for developing an appropriate image style which promotes your brand and delights your audience.
· Composition and styling tips and tricks to make sure you get the right image – every time!
· Use of colour and backdrops, camera angles… including the current social media favourite the Lay Flat… and manipulation of natural light
· How to use inexpensive, easily accessible, props and products to tell sell your products or tell your story
· Tips on using camera Apps. Pre-Set Filters and software such as Adobe Lightroom (current version available at college is the CLOUD based version not the CLASSIC so this might/might not be possible unless you can update the software available) to enhance your images and create a cohesive brand
Bring whatever camera equipment you have – (whether a DSLR, mirrorless, a “point and shoot” or your mobile phone). It’s all about the image and the story, it’s not the gear that you have!
What does it Cost?
This course costs £99 for the 5 week programme.
This course runs Wednesday evening 6.30pm-9pm.
This course starts 15th January 2020.
Please apply online or email LGower@darlington.ac.uk for further information.
|Qualification Type:||Non regulated provision, Level 1, Media and Communication|
|Start Date:||January 2020|