4 GCSEs grades at 3 points or D-E including GCSE English or an appropriate Level 1 qualification in the relevant area and a satisfactory school report.
This course is designed to support students onto one of two pathways; a Level 3 study programme in Business or an Apprenticeship in a business subject.
This qualification will:
- focus on the study of working in a business environment
- offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge
- provide opportunities to acquire a number of practical and technical skills.
The objectives of this qualification are to provide learners with:
- an understanding of the essential skills required to work successfully in a business environment
- the skills required to solve problems in a business environment
- an understanding of business culture and responsibilities
- the ability to successfully communicate and work with others in a business environment
- the opportunity to develop the skills required to manage and improve their own performance in a
Course Assessment Method
This course is assessed through the submission of assignments and practical work.
Students from this programme have continued on to study Level 3 Business courses and onto Level 2 and Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeships with a variety of employers.
What if I Need Support
Here at the college we have outstanding support. Our support staff are dedicated to providing you with all the help and guidance you may need throughout your college journey.
You might need help and advice on a wide range of issues such as childcare, counselling and additional learning support. For more information on any aspect of student support contact the Course and Information Team, who will direct your call to the appropriate member of the college support team, call: 01325 503030.
What does it Cost?
This course is free if you are 16-18 years of age on August 31 of the calendar year in which you begin your studies.
If you are 19 - 23 years of age fees may apply. However help may be available. To see if you can receive any funding call our Student Services Team on 01325 503030.
Course fees are payable to Darlington College. Registration and membership fees may be payable. All course fees are per year.
If you are 24+ then this course qualifies for a 24+ Advanced Learning Loan. Full details on the www.studentfinancedirect.co.uk
|Qualification Type:||BTEC First Award in Business|
|Start Date:||September 2021|