You must be 16+ years of age and hold a minimum of Level 3 Personal Training and Level 3 Sports Therapy.
The course is aimed at those wanting to pursue a specialist career in the Health and Fitness industry as an Exercise Professional, a Strength and Conditioning Coach or Therapist. We will provide you with a combination of specialist knowledge and skills to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes.
On completion of this course you are required to be competent in anatomy and the physiology of the major joints of the body, understand the influences and effects of client information on treatment planning, long-term training plans and understand the principles and practice of objective assessment techniques. You will also be able to conduct subjective and objective assessment leading to development of a sport massage treatment plan or long-term athletic plan.
You will be able to treat and/or seek to correct common patterns of dysfunction in order to reduce pain and improve performance along with advanced periodisation to meet an athlete’s needs.
The specific qualification are:
- Level 4 Sports Massage Therapy.
- Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Personal Training
- Level 4 Certificate in Strength and Conditioning
Course Assessment Method
You will be internally assessed via:
- Portfolio of Evidence
- Practical Demonstration / Assessment
You can progress straight employment within the fitness industry as an Exercise professional capable of being an Advanced Personal Trainer, a Strength and Conditioning Coach or Sports Massage Therapist.
This qualification also provides progression on to:
- Higher education (e.g. college or university) to study strength and conditioning or sports therapy at a higher level.
- A range of specialist strength and conditioning qualifications.
- Other level 4 and 5 qualifications in related sectors.
- Level 4 special populations qualifications.
- A career in Sports Massage therapy, personal training and stregth and conditioning coaching in health clubs, sports clubs or self-employed.
What if I Need Support
Here at the college we have outstanding support. Our support staff are dedicated to providing you with all the help and guidance you may need throughout your college journey.
You might need help and advice on a wide range of issues such as childcare, counselling and additional learning support. For more information on any aspect of student support contact the Course and Information Team, who will direct your call to the appropriate member of the college support team, call: 01325 503030.
|Qualification Type:||Certificate in Advanced Personal Training|
|Start Date:||September 2023|