This qualification is designed for candidates who wish to develop their listening skills for use in a variety of personal and professional contexts to:
• Improve communication.
• Improve work relationships.
• Enhance personal relationships.
• Promote better community relations.
This qualification is made up of 7 learning outcomes and associated assessment criteria. To achieve the qualification, you MUST be internally assessed by your trainer as Proficient in all seven learning outcomes.
Course Assessment Method
The work is assessed through a portfolio of work, which has three parts. Your portfolio is a record of all that you learn on the course. Keeping a portfolio of your coursework will not only provide your trainer with evidence of your learning, but also really help you with the learning process itself.
Your portfolio has three parts:
1. Documents – This section has two parts. The first part is the self-review. This has seven questions and each question is worth 1 mark. You must get 4 marks out of a possible 7 to pass this part of the portfolio. When answering the questions in the self-review please try to use examples from actual listening sessions.
The second part of this section is for journal notes and is a space for you to record your thoughts and feelings from the course and to acknowledge and record what you learnt.
2. Trainer observation – During the course your trainer will observe you practising the skills you are learning. After observing you they will complete the trainer observation section in your portfolio.
3. Testimony – One of your peers will also observe you practising your skills and will then complete the testimony section of your portfolio.
Once all these tasks are completed you will have completed your portfolio and your trainer will finish assessing your work and give you feedback. Your portfolio will then be sent off to CPCAB for independent verification.
You must be at least 16 years of age to enrol on to this course.
What if I Need Support
Here at the college we have outstanding support. Our support staff are dedicated to providing you with all the help and guidance you may need throughout your college journey.
You might need help and advice on a wide range of issues such as childcare, counselling and additional learning support. For more information on any aspect of student support contact the Course and Information Team, who will direct your call to the appropriate member of the college support team, call: 01325 503030.
What does it Cost?
This course is free for all learners aged 16 or above.
Please contact the college on 01325 503030 for further information about assistance with course fees.
Progression route can be the CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills which will also be available to complete at Darlington College from September 2022.
|Qualification Type:||Award in Effective Listening Skills (RQF)|
|Start Date:||October 2023|