Course Assessment Method
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health First Aid and Mental Health Advocacy in the Workplace, learners are required to successfully complete 3 mandatory units.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. This course is suitable for 19+ learners.
What does it Cost?
This course may be free depending on personal circumstances, please contact us to discuss your circumstances further.
What if I Need Support
Here at the college we have outstanding support. Our support staff are dedicated to providing you with all the help and guidance you may need throughout your college journey.
You might need help and advice on a wide range of issues such as childcare, counselling and additional learning support. For more information on any aspect of student support contact the Course and Information Team, who will direct your call to the appropriate member of the college support team, call: 01325 503030.
This qualification aims to:
- Focus on the study of mental health first aid and mental health advocacy in the workplace
- Offer breadth and depth of study of mental health first aid.
The objectives of this qualification are to:
- Introduce and explore different types of mental ill health, and factors that may increase the risk of mental ill health in individuals.
- Understand how to support individuals with mental ill health within boundaries of own role
- Explore how to create a mentally healthy environment for individuals in a variety of settings.
Learners can progress into employment or onto other health care courses.
|Qualification Type:||Certificate in Understanding Mental Health First Aid and Mental Health Advocacy in the Workplace|
|Start Date:||September 2023|