The Glasshouse Restaurant is Darlington College’s very own training restaurant. We offer great food at fantastic prices. All our dishes are prepared and served daily by our Catering students under the guidance of industry trained Head Chef, Christopher York and Restaurant manager, Richard Partington.
The Restaurant will reopen for the new Autumn term on Tuesday 11 September 2018 at 12 noon, and we look forward to preparing some new dishes for you. Watch this space for details of our new Autumn/ Winter themed events.
- Homemade Soup of the day with freshly baked bread and herb infused butter rolls
- Heritage tomato, textures of Mozzarella, rosemary and thyme croutons, crispy basil leaf and salsa verde
- Cheddar Cheese and Spinach Soufflé with Parsley cream and tomato concasse
- Homemade chilli Thai Fishcakes with Tarragon and Dill Tartar sauce
- Homemade Ham Hock terrine, celeriac chutney, pickled vegetables, chargrilled sourdough
- Beef carpaccio, Parmesan croquet, horseradish aioli, baby coriander, dressed frizze
- Poached Lobster Tail with pan fried Cauliflower, Butter and Shrimp sauce
- Beer Battered Fish and triple cooked chips, homemade Tartar sauce, minted pea purée
- Homemade 6oz Angus steak burger, beef dripping triple cooked chips, beer battered onion rings, beetroot slaw
- Pan-fried Liver and onions, homemade Yorkshire pudding, creamed rosemary potato, red wine Jus
- 48 hour slow cooked Lamb shank, creamy polenta potato, chantenay carrots with fennel seed, salsa verde
- Diced Chorizo and dry aged Parmesan Risotto with dressed rocket and braised baby leeks
- Pan fried Red Mullet, tempura battered squid, wild fennel and mushrooms, homemade Bouillabaisse
- Homemade Vegetable Wellington, roasted root vegetables, Dauphinoise potato, Red wine Jus
- Beer Battered Onion Rings
- Beef dripping triple cooked chips
- Tenderstem Broccoli with smoked pancetta
- Dauphinoise potato
- Seasonal Vegetables
- Cauliflower Cheese with grilled gruyere cheese
- Lemon and Lime posset with sugared shortbread
- Glasshouse Sticky toffee pudding with Butterscotch sauce and Vanilla ice cream
- Chocolate fondant with homemade Pistachio ice-cream
- Vanilla panna cotta with baby basil infused citrus fruits
- Selection of Homemade Ice creams and Sorbets
- Locally sourced cheese, rosemary and thyme Lavosh, frozen grape, celeriac chutney, rye bread.
Freshly brewed English tea or filter coffee – £1.10
Take a look at our drinks menu which includes tasty Italian lagers, a selection of Fentimans soft drinks and wines supplied by Vesuvio wine merchants in Darlington.